Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Yoga Musings ~ Mudra

Shivalinga Mudra. 
Mudra means seal. Mudras are healing mysterious gestures that anyone can enjoy and benefit from. I use the shivalinga mudra quite often in my own practice. This mudra gives me an uplifting sensation throughout my whole body, it makes me feel calm, clear and recharged.

Take a comfortable seat. Place your left hands at the level of your navel, palm facing up. Extend your thumb up and curl in the other four fingers of your right hand. Place your right hand on top of your left palm.

Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths. Imagine cleansing water flowing throughout your whole body, helping your clear out and release what’s no longer serving you. When you are ready let it all dissolve into the earth, release it and let it go. Use your breath as a way of releasing and letting go. Take your time and when you’re done with that process feel the stillness within. Silently begin to repeat; healing light illuminates every part of my body. Sit for as long as you feel comfortable. 

I hope you find this mudra-meditation-visualization as helpful as I have. 
Namaste, Helén

If you wish to explore more about mudras I can recommend the book; Mudras, Yoga in your hands by Gertrud Hirschi



No comments:

Post a Comment