Thursday, October 9, 2014

What is a successful yoga practice?

Hi & Namaste!

I’ve been asking myself; What is a successful yoga practice? Is it:To do a forward fold with straight legs. To not fall in a balancing pose. Doing headstands. Being able to do chaturangas in all vinyasa transistions. Do poses so it looks like you can join Circus De Soleil. To be able to sit still in meditation. A perfect warrior pose. Sitting in lotus pose.
Doing a full wheel pose. This list can go on... For many years I believed that the list above was a successful practice. Did I feel happy in my practice? No. I thought my practice was suppose to look and be a certain way. I truly thought that if I couldn’t stand on my head for a certain amount of time I was not a true Yogini...

So what is a successful yoga practice?

Decide, commit and just do it! That is a successful practice in my opinion!! 

Your practice is your journey. Follow your intuition and you will push yourself in the right direction. It is great to work towards moving into a certain pose, BUT remember that your journey getting there and working towards it is already perfect, because you are doing it. You devoted yourself to the practice and THAT is a successful practice!

Peace & Love,
Helén


Here is a movement meditation for you! Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment